about the (soon to be) New Yorker...

Manila Minute, 22, Soon to be New Yorker. In two months, life as i know it will change. Follow me as i move from Manila to New York. No job, no house, no money. Just the desire to start my own life..Read more about me »

Manila, where it all began...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

when men love men

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I consider the relationship between two men as the real fairytale. In this world where happy endings almost no longer exists, the gay relationship fits right in. It is as elusive as it is perplexing. There are many confounding factors that make gay relationships complicated. One of the most basic concepts that most people dont know about is that we gay people are further subdivided to 5 different strata. These subclasses are as follows: Pure Tops, Versa top, Versa, Versa Bottoms, Pure bottoms. I will no longer dwell in this topic but for a relationship to work, partners must belong in compatible subclasses. When they don’t, more often than not, the relationship fails.

As I’ve said in my earlier blog, gay relationships are normally short lived. Ephemeral, ending once the pleasure is gone. This is a fact of life, something that happens when you put two men in one relationship. I’m proud to say though that I’ve had a partner for almost a year. But to truly understand the value of this gay relationship, one must multiply the length of time by 4. Therefore, figuratively speaking, it’s like being with my partner for 4 years. Aside from this, we belong in an incompatible strata. Serious compromises happened in this relationship that straight people may never fathom.

I don’t know why I fell in love with him. If you ask me now, i still don’t know. I just did. I admit thats theres no longer a spark, I no longer have those butterflies in my stomach. Yet, I still choose to be with my partner. I believe this happen’s in all relationships, whether gay or straight. The excitement you feel and the constant longing for your loved one are simply chemical reactions happening in your brain. These feeling ALWAYS fade, and when it does, a relationship may fade with it. This is where you choose. You choose to be with that person, even if theres no longer that spark, even if theres no longer butterflies.

I value this relationship. I love him. I love him too much. I hate him for making my moving to New York harder. He may not be able to read this blog, but I wish he knows I’m sorry. I’m really sorry for what I’m about to do to him, but it’s just something that I have to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment