about the (soon to be) New Yorker...

Manila Minute, 22, Soon to be New Yorker. In two months, life as i know it will change. Follow me as i move from Manila to New York. No job, no house, no money. Just the desire to start my own life..Read more about me »

Manila, where it all began...

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit Featured Work

Keep in touch

RSS Feed Twitter Facebook

Subscribe via email

quality time and bread crumbs

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Payed my boyfriend a visit at Makati City today. It's been 3 weeks since i last dropped by his place and he's been calling our lack of QT (quality time) as unhealthy. That day, I had to bring my old laptop to Apple service center which is five minutes away from his place since i was dumb enough to get the keyboard wet. Although i did not go to his area for the sole purpose of visiting, it was still nice to see him. It's sad though, I can really percieve the difference in my feelings for him. I used to not mind travelling for almost two hours just to see him, but now thats no longer the case. I had to drag myself out of the house (and into the scorching Manila heat) just to go to Makati, and it's not without the alterior motive of having my mac repaired.

It's been a long time since we last watched a movie together. This time we watched Julie and Julia since it seemed apt for the moment. My boyfriend and i recently started our own blogs for our own reasons. I started mine to keep track of my life as i move to New York, he started his to get thoughts out of his mind. I suggested that it might help since he was having severe bouts of insomnia lately. So severe that neither tylenol PM nor valiums put him to sleep. If you don't know, the Julie/Julie project is a popular blog, that was turned into a book, and is now a movie starring Meryl Streep. Wow, I'd like to see that happen to my blog! hah!

At around half of the movie i got bored so i took an Otap. Its a biscuit thats extremely crunchy and flaky and sprikled with sugar. I went over him and took a big bite out of the Otap, being careful that all the crumbs fell on his chest. Then i took my hand and rubbed the crumbs all over his chest. Trust me it was more weird that it was erotic, but it's just what i was aiming for. To annoy my boyfriend is my own way of showing how much i love him.

To my surprise he just lied there and let me rub all that sugar and crumb all over his chest. He gave me a smile, a sincere one. A smile that meant "what your doing is fucking gross but keep doing it." I guess this was his own little way of acknowledging my abnoxious gesture of love. He must really miss me and how I play these little pranks on him. I think i miss him too, but definitely and sadly not as much as he misses me. We watch the rest of the movie, lying inside each others arms.

Before i left i gave him some of my Rivotril to help with his insomnia. The drug i used to use when i still had my insomnia. I switched to a different kind of drug (the anti-depressant type) and I'm now having trouble waking up. But hey, that beats not having any sleep. Sometimes i feel like I'm the reason why he is having trouble sleeping. Me growing colder and colder to him as time passes, and of course my leaving for New York and our inevitable break-up.

1 comments:

  1. Unknown said...

    To my surprise he just lied there and let me rub all that sugar and crumb all over his chest.

    Playgroup Singapore

Post a Comment